The HP Officejet Pro 8660 e-All-in-One omits a few deluxe attributes, such as a legal-size flatbed. Nevertheless, it likewise sets you back two thirds as a great deal. That possibly makes it a much superior choice in case you don't demand the bonus. The one catch is that it's not only the very same printer using fewer attributes. It is additionally a bit slower and prints marginally far better high quality message, however a tiny reduced high quality graphics.
If you attach it directly to a network by Wi-Fi or Ethernet, you could print it with a Wi-Fi accessibility variable on your system getting the most out of AirPrint with telephone applications or HP's free printing software with iPhone, Android, and also BlackBerry gadgets. Presuming the network is attached to the Web, you could also print through the cloud and make use of HP's Internet applications.
Even if you do not connect into a network, you could use the printer's Wireless Direct-- HP's private fitting to Wi-Fi Direct-- to connect directly with, and also print out of, a mobile phone or tablet computer. The MFP additionally allows you print making use of near-field interaction (NFC). However, the help is additional limited compared to you may anticipate. The NFC Touch-to-Print function in the HP Officejet Pro 8660 is a brand-new criterion.
The HP Officejet Pro 8660 makes amazing deals of factors for paper handling, starting with its 500-sheet ability, split right into two 250-sheet paper trays. If also supplies an integrated print duplexer (for printing on either side of a webpage ) and , for scanning, then both the legal-size flatbed and even a 50-page automated paper feeder (ADF) which could duplex also.
HP Officejet Pro 8660 e-All-in-One Printer
Having the capacity to print and also scan in duplex permits you backup from solitary - as well as double-sided originals to your choice of single- or even double-sided duplicates. You could additionally scan, fax, or email both simplexes as well as duplex files. Also far better, the 4.3-inch front-panel shade screen supplies an especially adequately designed menu to earn it quite easy to find as well as change setups.
Not unexpectedly, given the legal-size flatbed and also the 500-sheet newspaper capacity, the HP Officejet Pro 8660 is more substantial and also much more considerable compared to the majority of inkjet MFPs, gauging 15.7 from 19.7 by 18.5 inches (HWD) in addition to evaluating 35 additional pounds. It's likewise a little too significant to share a work desk with pleasantly. Assuming you have space for this, nevertheless, the configuration is rather straight forward.
HP Officejet Pro 8660 Wireless Setup
To set up an HP printer on a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, connect the printer to the network, and then install the print driver and software.
Step 1: Prepare for installation
Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and then turn on your router, printer, and computer.
NOTE: If you need to find your network password, go to How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network.
- Gather the following items:Network name: The network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).Network password: The password might also be called the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.A computer connected to your wireless networkInternet access: HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL for software downloads, using Web Services, and getting printer updates.
- Make sure the router and computer are turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer. Turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2: Connect to the wireless network
Connect the printer to your network with the Wireless Setup Wizard so the HP installer can find the printer during the installation.
- Turn on the printer if it is not already on.
- On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .The Wireless screen displays.
- Touch the Settings icon .
- Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
Step 3: Download and install the printer software
On the computer you want to print from, start the software installation, and then download and install the HP full feature print driver. It contains the wireless print drivers, as well as HP Printer Assistant software for scanning and other printer management functions.
- Go to driverprinterhp.com, type your model number, click Begin, and then click Download.
- Double-click the driver file with HP Easy Start in the name in the browser downloads bar or in the Downloads folder to start the installation.
- When prompted to choose your software and driver, select Full Software and Drivers, click Continue, and then follow the on-screen prompts to install the full feature print driver and complete the wireless setup.
Windows 10 (32-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows Vista (64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit), macOS 10.12, Mac OS X 10.10, Mac OS X 10.11, Mac OS X 10.12, Mac OS X 10.9, macOS 10.13.
DOWNLOAD DRIVER HP OFFICEJET PRO 8660
|HP Officejet Pro 8660 Full Software and Drivers Windows|
All Version (32 & 64 Bit)
|HP Officejet Pro 8610/8620/8630/8640/8660/8600 Printer|
Firmware Update Windows
|HP ePrint Software for Network and Wireless Connected Printers Windows|
|HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows|
|HP Easy Start for Mac OS|
|HP Officejet Pro 8610/8620/8630/8640/8660/8600 Firmware Updater for Mac OS|
How to Set Up Your HP Officejet Pro 8660 on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on the computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your HP Officejet printer to a laptop with a Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
1. Insert the CD that came in the package
2. Follow the installation wizard
3. Once its finish, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your HP Officejet without installing extra software by following the steps below:
1. Connect your printer via USB cable.
2. Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
3. A new window will occur, then choose to Add a printer icon.
4. A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
5. There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
6. A prompt for printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
7. After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-clicking the printer icon and click properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work correctly.
How to Set Up Your HP Officejet Pro 8660 on Mac:
Setting up HP Officejet on Mac can be a bit difficult for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your HP Officejet printer on Mac OS.
1. First, you have to uninstall any other HP driver that exists in your Mac
2. Disconnect your printer.
3. Download the software driver on hp-driver-printer.com.
4. Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
5. After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
6. Connect your printer via USB port and turn it on.
7. Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed correctly.
8. Click on your existing printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software. Choose your printer from the list and click OK.
9. Your printer should work correctly.
How to Set Up Wireless Connection on HP Officejet Pro 8660 :
Setting up a wireless connection of HP Officejet on your computer is pretty easy. This article will describe the steps to install wireless connection using the WPS connection method. Some requirements need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button, and your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
1. First, turn on the printer. Press and hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flashes blue light.
2. Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point. Once it connects to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
3. If the process is successful, both the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
4. To confirm whether the process is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
5. Put a sheet of paper.
6. Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it. Your printer will print the network information page, and it means the installation is successful.
Steps to Uninstall HP Driver:
- Go to ‘Control Panel,'
- Choose‘Uninstall a Program,'
- Search the driver for your HP printer,
- Click “Uninstall” on HP driver,