Layout, connectivity and specifications
The HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus is very similar to the cheaper Officejet 7500A in design, using a top-mounted scanner and also bottom-feeding paper cartridge. Its color touchscreen control port is larger than the 7500A in 4.3in, using large icons and also responsive inputsignal.
Single- and - multi-computer offices have been well served by the HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus's varied array of connection options. A telephone jack is included for relation to this incorporated fax.
The HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus has a 250-sheet input and a 150-sheet output tray, equalling or bettering numerous inkjet and laser printers at a comparable price point. Together with some 15,000 page monthly duty cycle recommendation, these figures mean the Officejet Pro 8500A Plus is acceptable for any small or medium organization, so long as it is not too heavy on paper usage.
Automated duplex means that for unimportant documents it's easy to decrease paper requirements. A 50-sheet automated document feeder makes digitising multi-page files a easy job. Every one of these features are a welcome inclusion within a printer that costs under $500.
All HP's ePrint attributes are permitted on the Officejet Pro 8500A Plus, including the choice to establish an e-mail address that prints all files sent to it. The range of software available is not especially attractive for companies -- beyond the intriguing chances of Google Docs cloud storage, the support is restricted to printable sudoku and weather data right now.
HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One Printer - A910a
If you want to rapidly print pages, the HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus rivals similarly priced color laser printers if it's printing in Draft standard mode. We managed 31 pages within a moment when printing in the most efficient monochrome quality, and only under 30 pages in the very first minute of colour printing. Text can appear undersaturated and a little fuzzy, but it's still easily legible at sizes of 8pt and above.
Like the HP Officejet 7500A, printing in Regular quality improves results radically. Text rivals entry-level lasers for clarity and also we could not locate any problems with saturation. Colour printing slows to 7 pages each week, but monochrome creation remains acceptable at 15 pages per second.
We also utilized the HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus to publish a couple of A4 colour and monochrome prints. The black and white output is not likely to rival a dedicated photo printer such as the Canon PIXMA Guru 9500 Mark II, but for most print needs it may create acceptable quality A4 pages.
HP's cartridges to the Officejet Pro 8500A Plus tend to be pricier than the HP Officejet 7500A, however they have higher ink yields. You are able to purchase a standard or extra big black cartridge for $39 or $54 respectively, with commensurate 1000- and also 2200-page yields that translate into quite reduced 3.9cent and 2.4cent per webpage continuing operating costs. Only additional large color cartridge are offered for purchase at $39 per year, which makes a full set of inks 117. This means individual colour pages cost 2.7 cents per year, and tri-colour pages cost 8.1 cents.
While its built-in software aren't particularly inspiring or particularly relevant to business consumers, the HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus does well what a printer must do well - it may create draft prints fast as well as high quality files and photos. Should you need an all-in-one to your SMB, then the Officejet Pro 8500A is deserving of your consideration.
HP Officejet Pro 8500A Wireless Setup
To set up an HP printer on a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, connect the printer to the network, and then install the print driver and software.
Step 1: Prepare for installation
Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and then turn on your router, printer, and computer.
NOTE: If you need to find your network password, go to How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network.
- Gather the following items:Network name: The network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).Network password: The password might also be called the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.A computer connected to your wireless networkInternet access: HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL for software downloads, using Web Services, and getting printer updates.
- Make sure the router and computer are turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer. Turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2: Connect to the wireless network
Connect the printer to your network with the Wireless Setup Wizard so the HP installer can find the printer during the installation.
- Turn on the printer if it is not already on.
- On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .The Wireless screen displays.
- Touch the Settings icon .
- Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
Step 3: Download and install the printer software
On the computer you want to print from, start the software installation, and then download and install the HP full feature print driver. It contains the wireless print drivers, as well as HP Printer Assistant software for scanning and other printer management functions.
- Go to driverprinterhp.com, type your model number, click Begin, and then click Download.
- Double-click the driver file with Full Driver in the name in the browser downloads bar or in the Downloads folder to start the installation.
- When prompted to choose your software and driver, select Full Software and Drivers, click Continue, and then follow the on-screen prompts to install the full feature print driver and complete the wireless setup.
OS Required :
Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8 - 10.14
Consumables Included :
1 x cartridge (black) - up to 1000 pages - HP 940
1 x cartridge (cyan) - up to 900 pages - HP 940
1 x cartridge (magenta) - up to 900 pages - HP 940
1 x cartridge (yellow) - up to 900 pages - HP 940
DOWNLOAD DRIVER HP OFFICEJET PRO 8500A
|HP Officejet Pro 8500A Printer Full Driver Windows All Version 32 & 64 Bit|
|HP Officejet Pro 8500A All-in-One Printer Series - A910 Firmware Windows|
|HP ePrint Software for Network and Wireless Connected Printers Windows|
|Critical Update to Update Printer Information Windows|
|HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows|
|HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion|
|HP Officejet Pro 8500A Firmware for MacOs & OS x|
|HP ePrint Software for Network and Wireless Connected Printers for Mac OS|
Steps to Uninstall HP Driver:
- Go to ‘Control Panel,'
- Choose‘Uninstall a Program,'
- Search the driver for your HP printer,
- Click “Uninstall” on HP driver,